RCYT 95-HOUR Children's Yoga Teacher Training - Fully Accredited with the Yoga Alliance, led by Laura. (JULY 14th - SEPT 18th)
"I am so grateful
and happy I have signed up for this course! Although it an online
course, it is very interactive and engaging and creates a healthy
and supportive community.
Laura is very knowledgeable and genuine in her
teaching style. If you want to have the
right resources to teach children and teen’s yoga and mindfulness in
your community and if you want to gain the confidence to spread the
knowledge, then I highly recommend Divine Light Yoga teaching training
led by Laura" - Faten, Yoga Teacher
Due to COVID-19, the Yoga Alliance is allowing Registered Yoga Schools to provide registered yoga teacher trainings online.
This will be the only opportunity that we will be able to offer the teacher training as a virtual training, as usually Yoga Alliance requires the hours to be in-person contact time with the lead trainer.
So, if you want to use this time mindfully, to bring some positivity, education and value to yourself, your family and your community, then join this unique, interactive, creative programme.
If you have been considering joining our RCYT 95-Hour teacher training programme but don't have the time, freedom, money or opportunity to travel to one of our locations, then this is the only time that I'll be able to come to you! (and I'm really excited about it!)
Laura's approach is creative, relevant, holistic and fun. You will
leave with a deeper appreciation of what children's yoga can look like
and why it is so important!
Laura is one of the most positive, knowledgeable and encouraging
teachers I have ever met. Do it!" - Caroline, Primary School Teacher, Ireland
was refreshing, enlightening and inspiring to work with someone who is
so passionate about Yoga and Mindfulness, but that also has the
educational background and ability to inspire teachers to adopt it in a
meaningful, realistic and age-appropriate way in their daily classroom
Laura ensured that, following each session, where a new
principle or practice had been introduced, she facilitated, guided and
supported group discussions around how it can be embedded in the
everyday classroom schedule. "
- Sarah, Deputy Head Teacher of a Primary School in Dubai
DATES: 10-week program from July 14th - 18th September (these are highly likely to be the last dates that will be offered online, as this is an exception due to COVID-19 outbreak)
Workshops will be delivered live online on Tuesday & Thursdays (4 hours per workshop), plus additional Wednesday live Q&A sessions, in case you can't attend Tuesday and Thursday classes. (All classes will be recorded so if you miss some, you can watch them at your own pace).
The curriculum and workshops will be as they would be in person (with some fun, additional extras for the online program)
You will have access to all recordings after each workshops, so if you can't join the live classes, you can watch them at a time that suits you.
We also have a fun and highly interactive members area so that you can ask questions and seek advice outside of the workshop hours and we'll be leading optional classes in different time zones, so that you can always get some 'live-time' with me.
is simply...changing the world, one child at a time! And I feel so
lucky to have found the course, so I can do the same! You can expect a
full toolbox on how to teach hands on teaching daily, and feeling fully
empowered to go out there and do it, once you have completed the
Meeting and free dancing and mandala yoga-ing with a bunch of like minded peeps is the icing on the cake and the start of a tribe that will support and play with you through your kids yoga journey"
- Audrey Lim, Parent, Singapore
is brilliant. She is very approachable and knowledgeable. She is very
easy to listen to and the workshop was well laid out, well planned and
- Zeina, Yoga Teacher, Abu Dhabi
"The most well thought and complete Teacher Training I have ever attended.
will end this training with more knowledge, a useful tool box of
activities adapted to every kids, some behavior management tips, class
ideas, method to write effective visualization, an overview of what a
real class could be, valuable feedback, a roadmap for your future
projects (the last day workshop is really well done!) and more confidence in your abilities!
The whole training is rich, diverse, playful, fun, poetic and super interesting.Laura is an amazing and generous teacher who has so much knowledge to
share, that I can only recommend her and her perfectly thought out
No hesitation, GO FOR IT !
- Marine, Parent and Well-Being Coach
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- A Yoga Alliance certification as a Registered Children's Yoga Teacher (RCYT 95-Hours) upon full completion of the online teacher training
- A lesson plan structure and formula for creative, holistic and well-rounded classes
- Lesson plans to use with different age-groups
- Guided meditation scripts for 3-18 year olds and family yoga
- Access to our private online support community of Divine Light Yoga trained teachers across the world
- LIVE Online workshops delivered by Laura plus all recordings
- An interactive members area of our global community
- Confidence, knowledge, inspiration and motivation to instantly start and expand your children's yoga classes, studio and business
"I was initially afraid I would not be able to reap the full rewards of t hese workshop with Laura. Nonetheless, I was wrong. Laura’s vast experience working with children and teens and her love for sharing and coaching helped each and everyone who sat in her workshop.
From super effective behaviour management strategies, how to guide children across varied ages - on how to learn about mindful living and yoga practice and even age-appropriate simple meditation techniques. She opened doors to creativity and play for adults and children alike, through tons of games, singing, dancing, story-telling and gro up work.With the huge variety of tools she shared, i definitely am feeling more confident in leading children and teens now." - Cherlyn, Corporate Professional
Through interactive workshops, experiential activities, group discussions, problem-solution sessions, brainstorming sessions and individual assignments we will explore:
- Techniques and activities to introduce breath-work that will support children's mental health and well-being during every day experiences such as anxiety, sleep difficulties, overwhelm and hyper-activity.
- A range of classic and more creative, age-appropriate yoga poses and sequences, and how to teach this to each age group in an interactive and engaging way
- Safe practice when teaching yoga poses - what is developmental and age-appropriate and what to avoid
- Creative meditations, including visualisations and moving meditations so that you will confident to share a range of different meditation techniques to children aged 3-18 years old, tailored towards their needs
- Partner and group yoga fun for all ages, including mixed age-groups and family yoga
- Combining key Educational Philosophy and teaching methodology so that you can fully understand how children learn and how you can tailor your classes to their learning needs and styles
- Introducing yoga philosophy and practices to children of all ages, including Hindu Mythology, the Chakra System (the energetic body), The 8 Limbs of Yoga, Yama and Niyama
- Behaviour management in the yoga class so that you can feel confident to manage a group of children, in a positive and playful manner that enhances their social and behaviour skills
- Planning & sequencing based on children's learning styles and behaviour patterns
- Challenging poses for Teens & Tweens
- Yoga for Teens Anxiety
- A variety of traditional and alternative Mandala Art Meditations to support children to reflect and process difficult emotions and events in their lives
- Creative Mindfulness activities to enhance children's self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Therapeutic and nurturing yoga techniques for children with Special Needs
- Understanding Autism, ADHD, Sensory Disorders, communication difficulties and social-emotional difficulties and how to effectively use yoga for each of these special needs
- Interactive story-telling and yoga journeys for all age groups
- Yoga and mindfulness games and activities for various age groups, abilities and interests
- The business side of kids yoga: Practical, effective and actionable strategies to get your kids yoga classes set-up for success, right away!
Testimonial: “Firstly, I would like to say that Laura is a fantastic, caring and knowledgeable teacher. I learned so much over the 10 day course, all of which I now feel confident to instantly use to teach my own children's yoga and meditation classes.
Laura instantly made me feel at ease and part of the group, all of whom arrived with a range of multicultural teaching and yoga experience. Her considerable depth of knowledge and practical experience of yoga, meditation, child development, teaching across the age ranges and pedagogical methods were instantly apparent and confidently communicated to each member of the group.
Laura made sure that there were many opportunities to practically apply what we were learning within the group and within a class with the local children.
If you are thinking of attending one of Laura's courses, do not hesitate. It will be the journey of a lifetime both for yourself and for the children you will teach afterwards.”
-Alex, Early Years Educator
"I could not have been happier with the course! Laura is so passionate and has such an extensive amount of experience in both Early Years Education and in yoga which was so evident in her teacher training. Everything was taught openly, genuinely and completely from the heart.
I felt that she gave all her students the tools they needed to open their minds to how they approach teaching yoga to young children. I left the training feeling confident and excited about the prospect of applying what I had learned to any situation. It wasn't just power point presentations listing different activities, it was a whole new way of looking at teaching children yoga".
- Gem, Early Years Educator, Hong Kong
This training really is for you if;
You want to empower children and young people to become mentally strong, resilient, emotionally balanced, self-aware, connected and confident in their own body
You want to support children in becoming creative, open-minded, accepting, compassionate individuals
You see a need for social change in the world, your local community and in children’s individual lives
You want to create an emotionally safe space for children and teens to express their thoughts, feelings and ideas freely
You want to share essential tools with children and teens to self-regulate and heal themselves independently
You want to share concepts and ideas of gratitude, self-worth, awareness, respect, empathy, connection and community
You'll absolutely LOVE this training if:
- You LOVE to sing, dance, play, share, learn, reflect and connect
- You LOVE to be part of a supportive, conscious community in which you can feel empowered and inspired as well as empowering and inspiring others with your stories, experiences and mindful actions and words
- You LOVE shared learning environments
- You LOVE to connect new people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and countries
- You see and feel a need for change in your family, your community and the world as a whole and you want to step up and make that change through the healing affects of yoga and mindfulness
- You have a deep connection to yoga or a real curiosity to delve deeper into yoga, meditation and mindfulness
"The training was everything I expected and more. Laura provides a very in depth training covering all age groups from toddlers to teens in a variety of areas from visualizations to inversions to Hindu Mythology. I am so excited to use my new skills and tools in my classes.
I have taken several of Laura’s online trainings and they have also been fantastic! I look forward to continuing my studies and practice with her". - Kristy, Yoga Studio Owner
SUCCESS STORIES FROM OUR STUDENTS
proud that 90% of our teacher graduates start teaching children's yoga
classes within the first month of completing our training, with others,
working on large projects such as opening their own studios and creating
online program. We celebrate each of our teacher training graduates and continue to support and encourage each one, after the training has finished.
Here's what a few of our students have developed
within 12-months of completing our RCYT 95-Hour course...
Amy, an international school teacher, joined the Divine Light Yoga community with the intention of sharing children's yoga and mindfulness in her school curriculum.
Just 6-months after joining the online training, Amy had created Inspired Mindful Children, an online Mindfulness Program for primary schools, currently being implemented in the UK
Mel is a full-time parent, who joined the training so that she could share yoga and mindfulness with her children at home.
After leaving the training with enthusiasm and confidence, Mel started teaching kids yoga classes in her community and has just started her own online children's yoga classes which she intends to expand and develop over the next year.
Rashita joined the training with the intention to share her new skills with the parents and children in her mum-and-baby classes. Within days of completing the training Rashita was leading yoga classes in kindergartens and schools across Singapore.
Diana a curious and playful yoga teacher, initially unsure of how she may use the skills gained from the training, completed the course and immediately started to teach children's yoga and mindfulness programs within the yoga studio that she works.
Grace attended the training with the aim of using the knowledge and skills from the course, with her 2 daughters, to become a more mindful parent. Not only has Grace used her new skills to solidify her bond and connection with her children, but within days of completing the training, Grace started teaching children's yoga classes in studios across Kuala Lumpur. Grace now successfully leads specialised children's yoga workshops and educational parent workshops on mindfulness, across the city.
Jess, a social worker from Australia joined the training, with a
keen interest in supporting children in foster care with therapeutic yoga and meditation tools .
Within 6-months of completing the course, Jess had created her own successful business leading 1:1 sessions and parent workshops, to teach foster families about yoga for anxiety.
Jess has been featured in national magazines and leads inspirational and educational talks at large conferences around Australia.And has just organised and hosted her first online summit for parents and professionals.
We're just 3-weeks into our current online Children's Yoga Teacher Training (RCYT 95-Hours) and these are some of the reviews:
EARLY BIRD PRICE: $1500usd (6-month payment plans available below)
REGULAR PRICE: $1800usd
** Early Bird ends on June 30th
Cancellation policy: Due to places on the training being limited, we have a strict cancellation policy; If the participant cancels their place on the training before 30th June, a full refund (minus a $150usd fee) will be given to the participant.
In the case of cancellation by the participant on or after July 1st, tuition fees are non-refundable but we will transfer the tuition fees onto another Divine Light Yoga training of participants choice (in-person or online training).
"The workshops were well-planned with lots of activities that got the
trainees involved so it was never dull, and we had such a fun time with
Laura's repertoire of creative tools and techniques to engage children.
My inner child was totally stoked!!!
She understands child development
so well and shares all these deep knowledge through easy-to-understand
ways. I loved how she was able to hold the space for such a large group
of us, and managed to create this safe space for us to learn, share and
Thank you for this amazing experience, Laura and I absolutely
highly recommend her trainings to anyone who is keen to explore the
world of kids' yoga". - Applie, Social Worker
Laura founded Divine Light Yoga in 2015,
with an eagerness to share her 20-years experience and knowledge in yoga, education and holistic practices. Laura is a life-long learner, true adventurer and world-traveler with a keen passion to share all that she has learnt and practiced, with others, to support them with their physical, mental and emotional well-being, in a playful and practical way.
Prior to teaching yoga, Laura was an international primary school teacher; with a BA Degree in Education and Special Needs and over 20 years experience of working with children in educational and therapeutic settings throughout Asia and the UK. Working with a range of educational curriculums and philosophies including, Montessori, Reggio Emilia and the UK Foundation Stage Curriculum, has enabled Laura to create a unique form of Children’s Yoga and Well-Being as she combines her knowledge of educational philosophy and teaching methodology with the practices of yoga and Ayurveda, and therapeutic practices and growth mindset strategies to effectively support both the physiology and psychology of children and teens.
Laura is a Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500-Hour (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) and a YACEP (Continuing Education Provider) having completed three 200-Hour certifications in Hatha-Vinyasa (India); Yoga Therapy for Anxiety (Bali); Ayurveda Yoga Therapy (Mexico), plus a 300-Hoour certification in Yin & Yoga Therapeutics (Thailand), a Prenatal Training and two Children's Yoga Teacher Trainings (RCYT 95-Hour) in Hong Kong & Bali
Laura is committed to life-long learning and to sharing her passion and knowledge of education and yoga with others; she is dedicated to supporting children and young people to become well-balanced, resilient, open-minded, compassionate individuals by sharing the philosophy and teachings of yoga across the Globe.