Loving-Kindness: Kid's Yoga & Mindfulness Lesson Plan
A creative and engaging lesson plan to make your teaching life easy and your classes meaningful
- Save time and energy as you trade in searching the internet for ideas, creating lesson plans and resources, stressing, feeling overwhelmed and exhausted so that you can spend more time teaching with passion, purpose, creativity and energy
- Feel more organised, focused, motivated and energised, knowing that you are giving the children in your class, quality-time and life-long skills in self-awareness whist also teaching quality, creative, engaging classes that you love to teach
- Provide the best possible class that you can to educate and nourish children’s mind and body, knowing that the children in your care will be engaged and focused through this tried, tested and perfected lesson plan, resources and techniques
- Take your classes to a new level, as you teach essential concepts such as self-care, emotional awareness, compassionate communication, connection and community
- Teach a creative, nurturing lesson that both you and the children will love!
"It is fantastic!! Excellent resources, super clear class plans! " - Helena
Do you want to provide a nurturing, creative and meaningful yoga and mindfulness class for children this Valentines Day?
Is it important to you to enhance children's emotional and mental well-being through your yoga class?
Try this 60-minute lesson plan, complete with a printable mindful activity sheet and ready-to-read meditation script, themed on 'Loving-Kindness to others and ourselves'.
The lesson is inclusive of all aspects of yoga - poses, breathing techniques, relaxation, meditation and mindfulness, all themed around loving-kindness, to enhance children's social and emotional health.
As a highly experienced teacher, Laura has over 18-years of creating lesson plans and leading holistic, creative, engaging classes to enhance all aspects of children's learning, development and mental health.
The lesson plan is concise, easy-to-follow and detailed with photos of poses, song suggestions and links to her videos for additional resources and music options.
Laura founded Divine Light Yoga in 2015,
with an eagerness to share her 20-years experience and knowledge in yoga, education and holistic practices. Laura is a life-long learner, true adventurer and world-traveler with a keen passion to share all that she has learnt and practiced, with others, to support them with their physical, mental and emotional well-being, in a playful and practical way.
Prior to teaching yoga, Laura was an international primary school teacher; with a BA Degree in Education and Special Needs and over 20 years experience of working with children in educational and therapeutic settings throughout Asia and the UK. Working with a range of educational curriculums and philosophies including, Montessori, Reggio Emilia and the UK Foundation Stage Curriculum, has enabled Laura to create a unique form of Children’s Yoga and Well-Being as she combines her knowledge of educational philosophy and teaching methodology with the practices of yoga and Ayurveda, and therapeutic practices and growth mindset strategies to effectively support both the physiology and psychology of children and teens.
Laura is a Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500-Hour (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) and a YACEP (Continuing Education Provider) having completed three 200-Hour certifications in Hatha-Vinyasa (India); Yoga Therapy for Anxiety (Bali); Ayurveda Yoga Therapy (Mexico), plus a 300-Hoour certification in Yin & Yoga Therapeutics (Thailand), a Prenatal Training and two Children's Yoga Teacher Trainings (RCYT 95-Hour) in Hong Kong & Bali
Laura is committed to life-long learning and to sharing her passion and knowledge of education and yoga with others; she is dedicated to supporting children and young people to become well-balanced, resilient, open-minded, compassionate individuals by sharing the philosophy and teachings of yoga across the Globe.