Loving-Kindness: Kid's Yoga & Mindfulness Lesson Plan
A creative and engaging lesson plan to make your teaching life easy and your classes meaningful
- Save time and energy as you trade in searching the internet for ideas, creating lesson plans and resources, stressing, feeling overwhelmed and exhausted so that you can spend more time teaching with passion, purpose, creativity and energy
- Feel more organised, focused, motivated and energised, knowing that you are giving the children in your class, quality-time and life-long skills in self-awareness whist also teaching quality, creative, engaging classes that you love to teach
- Provide the best possible class that you can to educate and nourish children’s mind and body, knowing that the children in your care will be engaged and focused through this tried, tested and perfected lesson plan, resources and techniques
- Take your classes to a new level, as you teach essential concepts such as self-care, emotional awareness, compassionate communication, connection and community
- Teach a creative, nurturing lesson that both you and the children will love!
"It is fantastic!! Excellent resources, super clear class plans! " - Helena
Do you want to provide a nurturing, creative and meaningful yoga and mindfulness class for children this Valentines Day?
Is it important to you to enhance children's emotional and mental well-being through your yoga class?
Try this 60-minute lesson plan, complete with a printable mindful activity sheet and ready-to-read meditation script, themed on 'Loving-Kindness to others and ourselves'.
The lesson is inclusive of all aspects of yoga - poses, breathing techniques, relaxation, meditation and mindfulness, all themed around loving-kindness, to enhance children's social and emotional health.
As a highly experienced teacher, Laura has over 18-years of creating lesson plans and leading holistic, creative, engaging classes to enhance all aspects of children's learning, development and mental health.
The lesson plan is concise, easy-to-follow and detailed with photos of poses, song suggestions and links to her videos for additional resources and music options.
Laura, has over 15 years experience of both yoga and education. Prior to teaching yoga, Laura was an international primary school teacher; with a BA Degree in Education and Special Needs and over 16 years experience of working with children in educational and therapeutic settings throughout Asia and the UK. Working with a range of educational curriculums and philosophies including, Montessori, Reggio Emilia and the UK Foundation Stage Curriculum, has enabled Laura to create a unique form of Children’s Yoga as she combines her knowledge of educational philosophy and teaching methodology with the teachings and practices of yoga.
Laura learnt the art of teaching yoga whilst training in Southern India and completed the Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher Certification (RYT 200-Hour) and then continued to complete the Advanced Registered Yoga Teacher Certification (RYT 500-Hour) in Thailand. Laura observed the benefits of yoga in education and so, she continued her learning journey by completing the Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher Certification (RCYT 95-Hour) with Yoga Swaha in Bali and the Incy Wincy Kids Yoga Training in Hong Kong. After 2 years of developing and teaching children’s yoga curriculums in international schools in Hong Kong, Laura founded Divine Light Yoga. Eager to share her knowledge and experience of yoga, Laura left the world of International Education and began to teach and lead trainings in retreat centres, yoga studios and schools across Asia and Europe.
Laura is committed to life-long learning and to sharing her passion and knowledge of education and yoga with others; she is dedicated to supporting children and young people to become well-balanced, creative, open-minded individuals by sharing the philosophy and teachings of yoga.